For Books’ Sake is a literary site dedicated to work by and for independent women. Conversational yet intelligent, FBS prides itself on providing a voice for the women that make the literary industry great.
- Gina Goes Pop: The Vampire’s Changing Faces, The Rise of Fantasy Fiction, Books Read Too Young, Where Are All The Happy Endings?, Think Pink, Was My Creative Education Worth It?, Grey is the New Black, The Festival Gender Divide, How To Be A First Year, Women in Horror
- Spotlights: Lip Mag, Microcosm Publishing, Bitch Mag, Papercut Press, HelloGiggles, Why We Love Mookychick
- Author Profiles: Miranda July, Jane Bowles, Vita Sackville-West, Angela Carter, Joyce Carol Oates, Julie Burchill, Alice Munro, Emmeline Pankhurst, Sarah Waters, Beatrix Potter, Jennifer Egan, Tea Obreht, Sylvia Plath
- News: Amanda Knox’s $4 million Book Deal, Saoirse Ronan to Play Vera Brittain, Sony Announces Wonderbook and Collaboration with J K Rowling, The Casual Vacancy Cover Revealed
- Features: My Three Favourite…Angela Carter Characters, Nostalgia: The Confessions of Georgia Nicholson, My Three Favourite…Books about Sex, My Three Favourite…Fictional Pets, In Praise Of: Women Adventurers, In Praise Of: Sophie Kinsella, Do You Remember The First Time? (Part One), Non-Fiction Stories of Women and War, In Praise Of: Sue Townsend, Poets’ Society: The Prelude, My Three Favourite…Roald Dahl Ladies, National Poetry Day 2012, My Three Favourite…Zombie Stories, New Year, Old Books: (Re)Visiting the Classics, Who To See at Latitude 2013
- Analysis: Let’s Get Critical: Funny Women, Pottermore Goes Public, Why We Read Celebrity Fiction
- Interviews: SI Leeds Literary Prize: Interview with Winner Minoli Salgado, SI Leeds Literary Prize: Runners Up Interviews, For Books’ Sake Talks To: Jane Rusbridge
- Inspirational Places: Top Withens, Whitby Abbey, The Lake District, Harry Potter Landmarks, Highgate Cemetery, Literary Halloween Haunts
- Gift Guides: Mother’s Day Gift Guide
the girls are is a UK based independent online music magazine, celebrating and supporting women in music. Featuring opinions, analysis, reviews and interviews of women behind the scenes, emerging artists, and world renowned iconic musicians.
- Single Reviews: Blood Red Shoes – Lost Kids, Marina and the Diamonds – Power and Control, Dead Wolf Club – Strange Letters, Daughter – Human, She and Him – Never Wanted Your Love, Fake Club – Beauty Queen, Ellie Goulding – Burn
- Album Reviews: Eva Cassidy – The Best of Eva Cassidy, Blood Red Shoes – Water (EP), Yeah Yeah Yeahs – Mosquito, Austra – Olympia, Fist City – It’s 1983, Grow Up!
- Live Reviews: Blood Red Shoes @The Cockpit, Leeds, Reading and Leeds Festival 2012, 2012 Live: Best Gig Round-Up
Founded in 2003, Vue is one of the largest cinema chains in the United Kingdom, showing some of the best films from around the world. Film News is one of the best places online for innovate and interesting film features, discussing everything from new releases to all-time classics.
- Features: The anatomy of a spoof film, Worth the wait? Movies that took absolutely ages to make, The Great Gatsby: Who’s who?, The ultimate Groundhog Day playlist, Baz’s best bits: Why we love Baz Lurhman, The forgotten works of famous film stars, That’s So Gatsby: Film that have influenced fashion, Johnny Depp’s greatest hits, World War Z: How to survive the zombine apocolypse, The Z-Factor: Why is modern society so obsessed with zombies?, Hummingbird: The rise of Jason Statham, Just how great was The Great Escape?, Monsters University: Fresher’s Checklist, Knowing me, knowing Alan: Essential Partridge
- Lists: Top 10 coming-of-age movies, The beautiful normal: Celebrities who are famed for their normality, 10 films that would have been completely different with an alternative cast, The best movie posters of 2013 so far, The most (financially) successful works of Michael Bay, Five things Alfred Hitchcock taught us about film, In-Deppth: 30 things you might not know about Johnny Depp, Six movie speeches that will change your life, The Internship: The top five Frat Pack movies, The Cornetto Trilogy: Top 6 in-jokes, 10 ways to identify a Tim Burton film
- Vue Icon: Bruce Lee
The Culture Trip (UK)
The Culture Trip is a world wide culture website that hopes to offer a different perspective on people, places, and cultures that are often marginalised or misrepresented in traditional media. They want to inspire people to be cultural travellers, wherever they go, wherever they come from.
- Film: ‘This is for Everyone’: An Appreciation of Danny Boyle
- Literature: The Magic of Children’s Literature
Mookychick is a weekly online magazine for alternative women. Covering a wide range of topics including literature, beauty and feminism, this webzine is an inclusive and diverse community celebrating everything it means to be a woman.
- Feminism: Funny Feminism…Is This The Fourth Wave?
Bad Reputation is a group of people based all around the country talking about pop culture, gender and the internet. Humourous and varied, Bad Rep writers about everything from gaming to fashion.
Fiction Uncovered creates the opportunity for eight British fiction writers (novels, short stories, graphic novels) to be part of a major promotion supported by retailers, and a major publicity and marketing campaign.The eight titles for the Fiction Uncovered 2012 will be selected by a judging panel.
- New Releases Reviews: Distant Thunder – T D Griggs
Raconteur is an international platform for high quality writing about arts and culture outside the corporate mainstream.
Guest Posts for Culture Vulture
Culture Vulture is dedicated to finding the best cultural experiences in Leeds, from music to politics, and everything in between.